Recipe by Caryn
When I was in high school a neighbor made a wonderful pound cake. She was kind enough to share her recipe with my family. The cream cheese adds a little different twist to a pound cake.
Top Review by connie2002
I made this today to have something for the grandchildren to eat after school. Only had three eggs so made half the recipe and it turned out beauful. It made a nice bundt size cake. I did sprinkle a little granulated sugar in the bottom of the pan after I floured it. When they grands get here this afternoon, I'll serve it with strawberries and whipped cream. Will definitely make this one again. Thanks Caryn for a real keeper.
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 large eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 1 dash salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Grease and flour a 10-inch tube pan.
- In a large bowl, cream butter, cream cheese, and eggs.
- Add sugar gradually; mix well.
- Add flour and salt gradually; mix well.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.