- 4 1⁄2 lbs russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces (about 8)
- 3 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 onion, chopped
- 12 mushrooms, coarse chopped
- 2 cups milk
- 8 ounces cream cheese, cut into bits and softened (chilled cream cheese will be grainy)
- salt and pepper
- sliced green onion top (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- In large pot combine potatoes with broth and simmer, covered, 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Remove potatoes from heat and mash with potato masher.
- In frying pan, cook bacon until crisp and drain on paper towel and crumble; set aside. To bacon fat, add onion and mushrooms; saute until tender.
- Add the bacon/onion mixture to potatoes. Stir in milk, cream cheese, salt and pepper until cream cheese is melted. DO NOT BOIL.
- Garnish with green onions.