Prep 35 mins
Cook 25 mins
A rich, mashed potato bake, that has cream cheese and sour cream in it. Perfect for a roast or chicken meal.
- 4 large potatoes, pealed and quartered
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cook potatoes approximately 20-25 minutes in boiling salted water until tender. Drain.
- In large bowl, mix cream cheese and sour cream until well blended.
- Add potatoes, a few at a time to cream cheese mixture, and mix with electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add green onion, butter, parsley, salt, garlic powder, and pepper, mixing well with spoon after each addition.
- Add enough milk until potatoes are of desired consistency.
- Add mixture to greased 1-quart casserole, and lightly sprinkle paprika on top of mixture.
- Bake 25-30 minutes and top is golden.
This was good but I thought it was a bit time comsuming to make. Made for Fall PAC 2007.