Recipe by Kim D.
This is one of my favorite pies!!!
Top Review by Kim D.
After Lennie's comment about too much salt, I realized she was right! I normally cut the salt back myself, but when I typed it into Zaar I forgot to make that change. Thanks to Gay, the above amount of salt is now correct! Thanks guys!!!
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 (8 ounce) cancrushed pineapple with juice
Cream Cheese Layer
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 9" unbaked pie shell
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine sugar, cornstarch and pineapples with juice in a small saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until mixture is thick and clear.
- Cool and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Blend cream cheese, sugar and salt in a mixing bowl.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition.
- Blend in milk and vanilla.
- Note: If mixture looks a little curdled don't worry, it bakes out!
- Spread cooled pineapple layer over bottom of pie shell.
- Pour cream cheese mixture over pineapple.
- Sprinkle with pecans.
- Bake pie at 400F for 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 325F and bake for 50 minutes.
- Cool and refrigerate.