Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is one of my family's favorite pies, and sure to become one of yours too! Cream cheese topped with cinnamon/sugar and raisins, and then baked Note: plan ahead, this pie needs to be covered and refrigerated overnight.
- 1 1⁄2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 6 tablespoons butter or 6 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, room temp
- 1⁄2 cup sugar, plus
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups half-and-half cream (do not use low-fat or nonfat) or 2 cups milk (do not use low-fat or nonfat)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup golden raisin
- Set oven to 350°F.
- Lightly butter 10-inch glass pie dish.
- Mix the cracker crumbs with the melted butter in a small bowl.
- Press the crumb mixture evenly over the bottom, and up the sides (but not to the rim) of the prepared pie dish; refrigerate while preparing the filling.
- In a food processor blend the cream cheese with 1/2 cup sugar (add more sugar if desired for more sweet taste) and the 2 Tbsp flour until smooth; add in vanilla.
- Gradually, pour in the half and half or whole milk; process until smooth, occasionally scraping down sides of bowl.
- Add in the eggs; process until blended.
- Transfer to prepared pie crust.
- In a small bowl, mix the remaining 2 Tbsp sugar with the cinnamon; sprinkle over filling.
- Carefully place the raisins on top of the filling (some may sink, but that is fine).
- Bake the pie until the center is set, about 1 hour.
- Remove from oven, and set on wire rack to cool for 1 hour.
- Refrigerate UNCOVERED until completely cold (about 2 hours).
- Cover and chill overnight.
Wow, cooked this for a total of 27 people Thursday Evening at an organization that I belong to. I cook one meal a month for them. This was awesome. I made 6 pies, and they were all devoured. Made it precisely according to recipe and it was simply devine. Thanks for this one. In fact. Several members want me to make it again. Tasty and very refreshing. Chef Angela Marie