1/3 Photos of Cream-cheese Pie Crust
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 425°F if you are baking the pie shell.
- 2Combine the flour and salt in a mixing bowl and stir with a fork to mix, or put into the food processor.
- 3Add the shortening and cream cheese, and cut them into the flour until the mixture looks like small pebbles, it will be irregular, and some pieces will be larger than others, or process with"pulses" in a food processor.
- 4Sprinkle the water evenly over the mixture, a little at a time, stirring with a fork or with"pulses" after each addition to distribute the water evenly.
- 5Depending on the moisture in the cream cheese, the dough might not need all of the second tablespoon.
- 6If it feels quite soft (but not sticky), and holds together in a rough ball, it is ready to roll out.
- 7Shape it into a cake about 1 inch thick.
- 8Dust your rolling surface and rolling pin with flour, and roll the dough into a circle about 1/2 inch thick and at least 2 inches larger than the inverted pie pan.
- 9Transfer the dough to the pie pan, trim and crimp the edges, and the pie shell is ready to he filled before baking, or to be partially baked or fully baked.
- 10To bake the pie shell; Prick the dough all over with a fork at 1/2-inch intervals.
- 11Press a 12-inch square of heavy-duty foil snugly into the pie shell.
- 12Bake for 6 minutes, then remove the foil and bake for 4 minutes more if you want a partially baked shell.
- 13If the dough begins to puff or swell, push it down with the tines of a fork.
- 14If you want a fully baked shell, bake for 8 to 10 minutes more, or until it is lightly browned.
Browse Our Top Crusts/Pastry Dough Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Crusts/Pastry Dough Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cream-cheese Pie Crust
Serving Size: 1 (42 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 182.9
- Calories from Fat 123
- Total Fat 13.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.6 g
- Cholesterol 15.9 mg
- Sodium 188.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 2.7 g