Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This basic pie recipe is so versatile- you can top it with almst any fruit. It is from an old recipe booklet from Eagle Brand.
- 1 9 inch graham cracker crumb crust or 1 baked pastry shells
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, brick (not lite or no fat)
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1⁄3 cup fresh lemon juice (not reconstituted)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Soften cream cheese to room temperature, then beat until fluffy.
- Gradually add condensed milk while mixing, stir until blended.
- Add lemon juice and vanilla extract, blend well.
- Pour into prepared crust.
- Chill 2 to 3 hours before garnishing top of pie with fruit topping of your choice.
- (Cherry Pie Filling is a favorite choice, or sweetened sliced strawberries.).
This was good, and very easy to make. I did add an extra 4 ounces of cream cheese, because I wanted the extra flavor. I think this also helped it set quickly, which seemed to be an issue for other reviewers.
I made this for a quarterly meeting and it was really good. I just had a small taste, but it was delish. I made a strawberry glaze with fresh strawberries. It didn't set up as well as I expected, so it was a little messy, but it had a great taste, and it was pretty much all gone. I will definately make this again trying different toppings. Thanks for posting.....
This is one of my husband's favorite desserts and I'd lost the recipe and couldn't reach his mom to get it again! Thanks for having this posted. It saved the day when craving struck! I always make it with Pillsbury pastry crusts, which I double in the bottom of the pie plate. I may try graham cracker though, to make it even easier.