Recipe by joan in CNY
This basic pie recipe is so versatile- you can top it with almst any fruit. It is from an old recipe booklet from Eagle Brand.
Top Review by tamaraanddan
This was good, and very easy to make. I did add an extra 4 ounces of cream cheese, because I wanted the extra flavor. I think this also helped it set quickly, which seemed to be an issue for other reviewers.
- 1 9 inch graham cracker crumb crust or 1 baked pastry shells
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, brick (not lite or no fat)
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1⁄3 cup fresh lemon juice (not reconstituted)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Soften cream cheese to room temperature, then beat until fluffy.
- Gradually add condensed milk while mixing, stir until blended.
- Add lemon juice and vanilla extract, blend well.
- Pour into prepared crust.
- Chill 2 to 3 hours before garnishing top of pie with fruit topping of your choice.
- (Cherry Pie Filling is a favorite choice, or sweetened sliced strawberries.).