Recipe by Claire de Luna
This cream cheese pie in a cookie crust is always a hit. A simple recipe that goes with any kind of topping or tastes great served plain.
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 egg yolk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 pinch nutmeg
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Combine flour and sugar.
- Cut in butter with a pastry blender until crumbly.
- Add egg yolk and vanilla and mix well.
- Push mixture into a glass pie pan and bake about 8 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350 degrees F.
- Cream butter; add sugar, cream cheese, eggs (one at a time) and nutmeg.
- Mix until smooth.
- Put mixture in cookie crust.
- Bake for 1 hour (check after 45 minutes) or until pie is light brown.
- Cool completely.