Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I love the combination of cream cheese and pesto, so I tried this and it worked!! It has been one of my favorite dishes to make. I use it as a main dish but it could certainly be a side dish.
- 1 (9 ounce) package tortellini, refrigerated kind, I prefer sausage filled
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons pesto sauce
- cook tortellini according to package instructions.
- while tortellini is cooking, mix cream cheese and pesto together so it is very soft.
- drain tortellini and return to pot.
- Add cream cheese mixture and toss very gently.
- serve right away, it cools quickly.
Delicious! I used a 20 oz package of whole wheat cheese tortellini and low-fat cream cheese. That made the sauce the perfect consistency! This tastes like a fancy alfredo dish but without all the fuss -- my toddler loves it too! Thanks so much for sharing - it's a keeper!
The taste is great. But it's a bit too thick. So it would be great with milk or cream added to it. Thanks appetizerqueen :) Made for Cookbook tag game
I used 1/2 the cream cheese and threw in some red pepper flakes on five cheese tortellini. I added a touch of lemon zest as garnish and it really brightened it up. Served it with baked fish and a green salad. It was delicious and easy. Be sure and leave the tortellini al dente. I got busy and didn't. Still tasted delicious.