Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a good topping for anything chocolate, especially cupcakes!
- 10 ounces cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 3 1⁄4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 teaspoons peppermint extract
- green food coloring
- Bring cream cheese to room temperature.
- Blend cream cheese and butter.
- Add sugar a cup at a time. You may end up needing more sugar for thicker frosting.
- Add peppermint extract and 7 drops of green food coloring.
- Beat or stir until fluffy.
This is a great recipe! I used this to cover 12 regular size cupcakes and 24 mini's, with left over frosting for at least another 6 regular size cupcakes! I used pure peppermint extract so started with 2 teaspoons first then added the last teaspoon after trying. 3 tsp worked great! Didn't add the food coloring because I wanted you use red sugar sprinkles. This is a great recipe! Thank you for sharing! :)