Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Not your average everyday pecan pie, better make two of these, this pie is delicious! --- see my Kittencal's No-Fail Buttery Flaky Pie Pastry/Crust
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pie shells
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3⁄4 cup sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla, divided
- 1 1⁄4 cups coarsely chopped pecans
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- Set oven to 375 degrees.
- In a bowl, beat together the cream cheese, 1 egg 1/2 cup sugar, salt and 1 tsp vanilla, until well blended.
- Spread into unbaked pie crust; sprinkle with chopped pecans.
- In another bowl, beat 3 eggs, corn syrup, 1/4 cup sugar and 1 tsp vanilla until well blended.
- Pour the mixture over the cream cheese and pecans (that is already in the crust).
- Place the pie on the lower rack in oven (Place the pie on a cookie sheet to prevent any spills).
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until center is firm.
Wowza!!!! This is excellent and so easy to make. Yet it looks so fancy and difficult. I can't believe there aren't more reviews on it. I have made this twice now for church pot luck and everyone raves about it. I made the recipe as written and added chocolate chips the second time. Thank you Kitten. This will be my new go-to recipe for holidays!
This was a lovely recipe...simple, delicious and I preferred it over the standard pecan pie which I find too rich/sweet. Yum!
I can't believe this recipe dosen't have more reviews! This pie was different and delicious. It has a salty sweet tast to it. The pecan filling goes to the bottom and the cheese cake like filling bakes to the top with the pecans. We liked it the best refrigerated. Thanks for posting!