Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Not your average everyday pecan pie, better make two of these, this pie is delicious! --- see my Kittencal's No-Fail Buttery Flaky Pie Pastry/Crust
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pie shells
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3⁄4 cup sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla, divided
- 1 1⁄4 cups coarsely chopped pecans
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- Set oven to 375 degrees.
- In a bowl, beat together the cream cheese, 1 egg 1/2 cup sugar, salt and 1 tsp vanilla, until well blended.
- Spread into unbaked pie crust; sprinkle with chopped pecans.
- In another bowl, beat 3 eggs, corn syrup, 1/4 cup sugar and 1 tsp vanilla until well blended.
- Pour the mixture over the cream cheese and pecans (that is already in the crust).
- Place the pie on the lower rack in oven (Place the pie on a cookie sheet to prevent any spills).
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until center is firm.
This was a lovely recipe...simple, delicious and I preferred it over the standard pecan pie which I find too rich/sweet. Yum!
I can't believe this recipe dosen't have more reviews! This pie was different and delicious. It has a salty sweet tast to it. The pecan filling goes to the bottom and the cheese cake like filling bakes to the top with the pecans. We liked it the best refrigerated. Thanks for posting!
This pie was a delight. I made the recipe as stated and I used a slightly modified Kittencal buttery flakey pie crust. I didn't soften my cream cheese so I had to beat the heck out of it in my kitchenaid. It was light and creamy, not cheesecake-y but not syrupy like pecan pie usually is. I really liked it. My husband says it was "good". But he says it in that same tone that he uses when he says I look "good"....