Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
Not your average everyday pecan pie, better make two of these, this pie is delicious! --- see my Kittencal's No-Fail Buttery Flaky Pie Pastry/Crust
Top Review by BethHallKelley
Awesome! Just one bit of advise- I wasn't able to pour all of the topping on the pecans so next time I will lessen the cream cheese filling so that I can put all the topping syrupy stuff on it.
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pie shells
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3⁄4 cup sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla, divided
- 1 1⁄4 cups coarsely chopped pecans
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup light corn syrup
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 375 degrees.
- In a bowl, beat together the cream cheese, 1 egg 1/2 cup sugar, salt and 1 tsp vanilla, until well blended.
- Spread into unbaked pie crust; sprinkle with chopped pecans.
- In another bowl, beat 3 eggs, corn syrup, 1/4 cup sugar and 1 tsp vanilla until well blended.
- Pour the mixture over the cream cheese and pecans (that is already in the crust).
- Place the pie on the lower rack in oven (Place the pie on a cookie sheet to prevent any spills).
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until center is firm.