Recipe by iewe
Found this on the web again -- a nice fruitty cake
Top Review by Pneuma
It's like a pie cake. The crust or bottom layer is soft but tastes like a pie crust. And then there's the yummy peaches embedded on it with creamcheese on top which has a peachy taste too with a slight taste of cinnamon. DH thought it was a cheesecake and he said it's the best cheesecake with the difference that the topping's in the middle. It's been only 3 hours since I made it and only 1/3's left. It's that delicious! Thanks for sharing, iewe. This is a keeper. :) Made for ZWT5- French/Cajun/Creole - Zaar Chow Hounds.
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package vanilla pudding mix (not instant)
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 (20 ounce) can peaches (sliced variety)
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons syrup, from peaches
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first seven ingredients in a large bowl, beating 2 minutes at medium speed.
- Pour into a well greased "deep dish" pie plate.
- Drain peaches, reserving some syrup. Arrange peach slices over this mixture.
- Beat cream cheese, peach syrup and 1/2 cup sugar at medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Spoon and spread over peaches to within 1 inch of batter.
- Mix sugar and cinnamon together and sprinkle over top of everything.
- Bake at 350 degrees until crust is golden brown (about 30 to 35 minutes).