Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
Whole wheat rotini with creamy tomato sauce and lots and lots of cheese. I adapted this recipe from ForTheMommas.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cook pasta according to directions on the box, set aside.
- Brown the ground beef, onion, and garlic until cooked through.
- In a bowl, combine 8 ounces softened cream cheese, 1 cup sour cream, and one egg. Blend thoroughly.
- Add spaghetti sauce to the cheese mixture. Blend thoroughly.
- Add one cup shredded Italian cheese. Mix together.
- In a casserole dish, combine 13.25 oz (one box) whole wheat rotini, ground beef mixture, and sauce blend.
- Top with remaining 1/2 cup Italian Cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 25-35 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly.
I made it without the egg (allergic) and sour cream (didn't have any) & it turned out great! Husband enjoyed it too.