Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
- 2 eggs
- 5 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon butter, melted
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- Lightly beat eggs in large bowl.
- Add softened cream cheese, flour, sugar and butter.
- Mix until well combined (mix will be slightly chunky).
- Spray a preheated 275°F electric griddle with vegetable cooking spray and ladle batter by teaspoonfuls onto griddle.
- Cook pancakes until golden, about 3 minutes.
- Turn and brown other side about 2 minutes more.
- Sprinkle pancakes with confectioners sugar and garnish with lemon wedges.
- Serve with fresh berries, warm applesauce, or maple syrup.
These were great made them for dinner last night, and after tasting the first, I simply couln't wait until they were finished, so as they came out of the pan I ate them! Frying them with the butter made them too greasey though. Other than that these were wonderful, the little pockets of cream cheese that ooze out when you cut into it! MMMMmmm! Wonderful with any kind of preserve!! Thanks for this recipe!
These were yummy, we had them for breakfast this morning. I love that there is hardly any flour in them, recipes like this are a godsend. The only reason why it lost a star was because it seemed that they were missing a little something- I added chopped apple, and DH and I both agreed that a bit of apple and some cinnamon would make these divine. We had them with some leftover carmelized baked apple syrup from dessert the other night and it was great!
I really didnt care for these pancakes at all, the consistency was just too mushy. I missed the bread like consistency of real pancakes.