Prep 30 mins
Cook 8 hrs
This is different and delicious, but make sure you tell your guests what it is as some folks have seafood allergies or dislikes.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion salt
- 1 can smoked oysters, drained
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 cup chopped walnuts
- Blend mayo with cream cheese.
- (Lowfat products can be used with no effect on taste.) Mix in worcestershire sauce, garlic and onion salt.
- Spread on oiled waxed paper in a rectangular shape, 1/2-inch thick.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Mash drained oysters with a fork in a small bowl, then spread over the chilled cheese mixture, keeping 1/4 inch away from the edges.
- Roll as a jelly roll and chill for at least six hours until ready to serve.
- Coat outside of roll with parsley and nuts.
- Serve with crackers.
You're right Lennie, this is delicious. I really hope you don't think that I messed around with your recipe, but after I assembled the ingredients I realised that I didn't have the time for chilling it properly, so instead I combined everything, made it into a roll and chilled it (in the freezer) for an hour - then rolled it in parsley and sliced it thinly on to melba toast. Although it didn't look as pretty as your way, the flavours were great and I think cooking is all about adapting and evolving! Thankyou for posting this.