Recipe by Lennie
This is different and delicious, but make sure you tell your guests what it is as some folks have seafood allergies or dislikes.
Top Review by Kate in Katoomba
You're right Lennie, this is delicious. I really hope you don't think that I messed around with your recipe, but after I assembled the ingredients I realised that I didn't have the time for chilling it properly, so instead I combined everything, made it into a roll and chilled it (in the freezer) for an hour - then rolled it in parsley and sliced it thinly on to melba toast. Although it didn't look as pretty as your way, the flavours were great and I think cooking is all about adapting and evolving! Thankyou for posting this.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion salt
- 1 can smoked oysters, drained
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 cup chopped walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Blend mayo with cream cheese.
- (Lowfat products can be used with no effect on taste.) Mix in worcestershire sauce, garlic and onion salt.
- Spread on oiled waxed paper in a rectangular shape, 1/2-inch thick.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Mash drained oysters with a fork in a small bowl, then spread over the chilled cheese mixture, keeping 1/4 inch away from the edges.
- Roll as a jelly roll and chill for at least six hours until ready to serve.
- Coat outside of roll with parsley and nuts.
- Serve with crackers.