1/2 Photos of Cream Cheese & Orange Filled Rolls
Like cinnamon rolls, only with cream cheese filling! You can also make a lemon filling by using lemon zest and lemon juice instead of orange if you prefer. This is a Finnish recipe and Finns don't usually go for very gooey and sweet things - the rolls are subtly sweet and have a fresh orange taste. You can add more sugar to the filling if you like, or try making more of it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 250 ml milk
- 25 g fresh yeast
- 100 ml sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 100 ml melted butter (about 100 g)
- 800 -900 ml all-purpose flour
- 1Crumble yeast into a bowl.
- 2Gently heat milk to 37°C
- 3Pour milk over yeast and mix until yeast has dissolved.
- 4Add sugar, egg, salt, cardamom and melted butter and stir; add about 200 ml of the flour and stir.
- 5Add most of the remaining flour and knead dough by hand, adding flour if needed, until the dough is smooth and elastic and no longer sticks to the bowl nor to your hand.
- 6Sprinkle some flour on top and cover: let rise for 40 minutes.
- 7Mix the filling ingredients together.
- 8Lightly flour the baking board and turn the dough on it.
- 9Roll dough out to a 35 x 45 cm square.
- 10Spread the filling on the dough and roll it up tightly, starting from the longer side of the square.
- 11Cut the roll in 12 pieces (preferably at a slant, first cut leaning to the left, the next to the right, the next to the left etc. -> /\/\).
- 12Place rolls on a parchmented baking sheet, cover and let rise for 30 minutes.
- 13Brush the rolls with beaten egg and sprinkle pearl sugar on top.
- 14Bake at 200 C for about 13-15 minutes.
- 15Cover the rolls while cooling.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cream Cheese & Orange Filled Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (1043 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 242.1
- Calories from Fat 101
- Total Fat 11.3 g
- Saturated Fat 6.6 g
- Cholesterol 64.2 mg
- Sodium 287.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 6.3 g