Cream Cheese Onion Spread
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large sweet onion, Chopped (such as Vidalia, Walla Walla or Maui)
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 (8 ounce) containersoft cream cheese with chives and onions
- pumpernickel bread or rye cocktail bread, if desired
- Heat oil in 10-inch skillet over medium heat. Cook onions in oil about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until tender.
- Stir in parsley and cream cheese until smooth. Spoon into small bowl. Serve warm or cold with cocktail bread.