Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
These are easy to make, plan ahead the rolled tortillas need to chill for a few hours before slicing, watch the garlic amount adding in too much will overpower all other ingredients, the garlic flavor will intensify with chilling time, I would suggest no more than 2 teaspoons --- Mexi-blend shredded cheese may be used in place of the cheddar, prep time includes chilling time
Top Review by Skylar
This was great for an office party. I added ham slices to each tortilla and substituted regular cream cheese for green onion and chive cream cheese. Since I did that I also cut out the green onions. I bought the black olives already chopped in a can. Might use less green olives next time as they were pretty salty. So quick and easy to make!
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 -2 teaspoon fresh minced garlic
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise (do not use salad dressing)
- 2⁄3 cup pitted green olives, finely chopped
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) can pitted black olives, finely chopped
- 5 -6 green onions, finely chopped
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper (or to taste)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (might use more or less)
- 8 (10 inch) flour tortillas
Directions See How It's Made
- Hand-squeeze out as much excess moisture in the olives as possible before chopping, and make certain to chop finely.
- In a bowl combine cream cheese with garlic, mayonnaise, green and black olives, green onions and black pepper; mix to combine well.
- Spread a thin layer of the cream cheese mixture over each tortilla, then sprinkle a small amount cheddar cheese over the top of the cream cheese.
- Roll up each tortilla as tightly as possible.
- Place each tortilla onto a plate.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill for a couple of hours or up to 24 hours (a longer chilling time will only improve on the flavor).
- Slice each tortilla into about 1-inch pieces.