These are easy to make, plan ahead the rolled tortillas need to chill for a few hours before slicing, watch the garlic amount adding in too much will overpower all other ingredients, the garlic flavor will intensify with chilling time, I would suggest no more than 2 teaspoons --- Mexi-blend shredded cheese may be used in place of the cheddar, prep time includes chilling time
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 -2 teaspoon fresh minced garlic
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise (do not use salad dressing)
- 2⁄3 cup pitted green olives, finely chopped
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) can pitted black olives, finely chopped
- 5 -6 green onions, finely chopped
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper (or to taste)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (might use more or less)
- 8 (10 inch) flour tortillas
- Hand-squeeze out as much excess moisture in the olives as possible before chopping, and make certain to chop finely.
- In a bowl combine cream cheese with garlic, mayonnaise, green and black olives, green onions and black pepper; mix to combine well.
- Spread a thin layer of the cream cheese mixture over each tortilla, then sprinkle a small amount cheddar cheese over the top of the cream cheese.
- Roll up each tortilla as tightly as possible.
- Place each tortilla onto a plate.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill for a couple of hours or up to 24 hours (a longer chilling time will only improve on the flavor).
- Slice each tortilla into about 1-inch pieces.
This was great for an office party. I added ham slices to each tortilla and substituted regular cream cheese for green onion and chive cream cheese. Since I did that I also cut out the green onions. I bought the black olives already chopped in a can. Might use less green olives next time as they were pretty salty. So quick and easy to make!
very easy to prepare and takes no time at all.delicious, everyone loved it!
These are wonderful! I made 2 batches of these on Friday for a surprise birthday party on Saturday night and they were gone before I knew it. The flavor was fantastic!! The only thing that I did differently was to mix in the shredded cheddar cheese instead of sprinkling it over the top of the cream cheese mixture. Thanks for a great recipe!