Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This spread has always been a favorite of mine, but it must have nuts for texture. For a party, It's delicious and elegant on nut bread. Always a hit, with everyone wondering what's in it. People find it very interesting and different from most dips and spreads.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) jargreen olives with pimentos
- walnuts, 1/2 Cup, chopped
- nut bread, thinly sliced or Cut with small cookie cutter for hors d'oeuvres
- Add olive juice a little at a time to room temperature cream cheese and whip until light and fluffy.
- Chop the olives and walnuts and add to cream cheese mixture.
I grew up on this also. We would buy a jar of green olives and 1 package of cream cheese, empty some of the juice, add the jar of olives to a food processor and blend a few seconds. We then add the cream cheese and let blend until completely mixed. Easy! Not only do we eat this on bread, we eat it on pretzels too! Yum!
Simple yet delicious, especially if you're an olive lover.<br/><br/>I threw in some finely diced onions, for the crunch I love so much. :)
My mother always made this. I've never seen a recipe for it. We would have on celery as a stuffing. My sister and I always put it on baked potatoes.