Recipe by Julesong
Simple, moist, and delicious! This is a basic recipe you can use as-is, or alter to make other flavors by adding ingredients (chocolate chips and cocoa, poppy seeds, etc).
Top Review by R.M. F.
I made the basic flavoring recipe. I forgot the oil. Also, I need more protein because I have gestational diabetes. So I added one extra egg in the batter. Anyway, by the time I was finished baking the cupcakes did not turn out as delicious as I expected. If I were to make this muffin again, then I would add chocolate chips or strawberries as the main flavor point. I probably will make these again with those aforementioned flavorings or sweet avacado and bacon. Who knows? I am pregnant and hungry.
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated lemon, rind of
- 1⁄8 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix filling ingredients with mixer.
- Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Oil bottoms only of medium muffin tins.
- Beat eggs; stir in milk and oil; set aside.
- Mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt until well blended.
- Pour liquids, all at once, into flour mixture; stir until moistened.
- Fill muffin cups about 1/2 full.
- Spoon 1 teaspoon filling onto batter.
- Top with batter to 3/4 full.
- Bake 30-35 minutes.
- Don't brown; should be light in color.
- Roll hot muffins in powdered sugar.