Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Simple, moist, and delicious! This is a basic recipe you can use as-is, or alter to make other flavors by adding ingredients (chocolate chips and cocoa, poppy seeds, etc).
- Mix filling ingredients with mixer.
- Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Oil bottoms only of medium muffin tins.
- Beat eggs; stir in milk and oil; set aside.
- Mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt until well blended.
- Pour liquids, all at once, into flour mixture; stir until moistened.
- Fill muffin cups about 1/2 full.
- Spoon 1 teaspoon filling onto batter.
- Top with batter to 3/4 full.
- Bake 30-35 minutes.
- Don't brown; should be light in color.
- Roll hot muffins in powdered sugar.
As sugar muffins, these tasted wonderful, but since the recipe is for cream cheese muffins, I must say they need a little something more. Fawn512 was right, batter was thick and filling was very runny. I think I will use a whole block of cream cheese the next time I make these. Thank you for posting.
The batter was very thick and oily like a thick glob. While the cream cheese mixture was very runny like milk. So instead of sandwiching the Cream cheese mixture. I layered it (like a marbled cupcake. My cupcakes didn't domed as Kittencal's and the outcome was a bit oily. But the taste and texture was superb! Thanks for the recipe
Oh my goodness Mizzmother...these are one of THE BEST muffins I have had in a long time...so buttery, moist and delicious, and talk about getting a rise...oh my did they ever rise! The only thing that I changed, was I used half and half cream instead of milk, (I am watching my calories) ha...ha!...wonderful muffins...I will be making these again, and again, and again...5 stars plus, all the way. Thank you for a wonderful muffin recipe, keep up the good work! ;-)