Recipe by Mysterygirl
My mother in law had this recipe and I just had to try it. As a variation, instead of rolling the cheese in the sugar I add a 1/4 t of strawberry or blueberry jam before folding the dough over.
Top Review by Liz H #2
What a great idea! I mixed 3 oz crm chz with a little vanilla and 1 tbsp sugar, then beat until fluffy. This made a bit too much, even filling the biscuits quite full. I used this and a dab raspberry pie filling. A few of them leaked in the oven, but it didn't burn, and they were still very good. I also used butter rather than margarine. I baked these for 12 mins, to golden perfection. We had them for Sunday morning breakfast. Thanks for sharing, Mysterygirl!
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 (7 1/2 ounce) can refrigerated biscuits (Buttermilk or Country)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375°.
- Melt margarine in a bowl.
- Cut cream cheese into 10 cubes.
- In a second small bowl, combine sugar, cinnamon and extract.
- Dip cheese cube in sugar mixture, then place in the center of a biscuit.
- Fold dough over cheese, pinching to seal.
- Roll dough into ball, dip the doughball into margarine and then the sugar mixture again.
- Place seam side down in an ungreased muffin tin.
- Repeat with the remaining 9 biscuits and cheese cubes.
- Bake for 12-18 minutes at 375° or until golden brown.