My mother in law had this recipe and I just had to try it. As a variation, instead of rolling the cheese in the sugar I add a 1/4 t of strawberry or blueberry jam before folding the dough over.
- Heat oven to 375°.
- Melt margarine in a bowl.
- Cut cream cheese into 10 cubes.
- In a second small bowl, combine sugar, cinnamon and extract.
- Dip cheese cube in sugar mixture, then place in the center of a biscuit.
- Fold dough over cheese, pinching to seal.
- Roll dough into ball, dip the doughball into margarine and then the sugar mixture again.
- Place seam side down in an ungreased muffin tin.
- Repeat with the remaining 9 biscuits and cheese cubes.
- Bake for 12-18 minutes at 375° or until golden brown.