Recipe by FLUFFSTER
I love "mocha" anything, and this definitely fits the bill. Oh it's so good. This makes a great bundt cake. I've had this recipe for quite awhile, and I don't remember where I got it. All I know is that it's great! Don't forget the icing! The recipe for the icing follows the directions.
- 1⁄2 cup hot strong black coffee
- 1⁄3 cup cocoa
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 egg whites, beaten stiffly
- 6 ounces cream cheese
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Generously grease and flour two 9-inch cake pans.
- Gradually add coffee to cocoa, stirring constantly;let stand until cool.
- Cream the butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add egg yolks; beat until batter is thick.
- Add coffee and cocoa mixture.
- Dissolve baking soda in sour cream.
- Add alternately to sugar mixture with flour, beating well with each addition.
- Fold in egg whites.
- Pour batter into 2 prepared cake pans.( I used 8-inch ones).Bake 35- to 40 minutes, or until done. Remove from pans and cool.
- Directions for icing: Beat cream cheese, butter, and vanilla until smooth. Gradually add sugar; beat until fluffy. Makes 2 cups.