Recipe by Kannwilson
I made these for my wedding and my daughter makes them every year at Christmas. They are wonderful. The cook time is the approximate drying time.
Top Review by Barb G.
These are very good, I used Mint flavoring. Used a hand mixer for blending the butter and cream cheese together.worked great, also mixed in more powdered sugar when shaping the balls and flattened with a fork. Next time I think I will use a pastry tube instead of shaping into balls then flattening. Thanks for the recipe.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup soft butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 2 lbs powdered sugar
- liquid food coloring (red, green, yellow, or as desired)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon peppermint extract or 1⁄2 teaspoon wintergreen extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine cream cheese and butter in saucepan.
- Stir over low heat until butter is melted, cheese is soft and the mixture is well blended.
- Add the powdered sugar.
- Stir until well combined.
- Add a few drops of food coloring and your choice of flavoring.
- You can divide the batch to make more color choices.
- Roll into 1 inch balls.
- Place on wax paper and press with a fork, glass bottom or cookie/candy stamp.
- Let stand at least 4 hours until mints are firm and dry on the outside but the inside is moist and creamy.