Recipe by Gruenes
This is a family favorite mint recipe. Our favorite flavor is almond, but you can use whatever flavor you like. You can make these for weddings, picnics, family gathering or just to have around the house. I like them frozen the best and they just melt in your mouth.
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 2⁄3 cups powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon extract (almond, vanilla, maple or mint)
- food coloring (as desired)
Directions See How It's Made
- Take cream cheese & butter out of the fridge about one hour or so before making.
- In a small bowl combine cream cheese, butter and flavoring.
- Add powdered sugar, kneading like pie dough until no longer sticky. You may need to add more powdered sugar.
- Divide into 2 or 3 parts (if you want more than one color) tint each part as desired.
- Make into small balls, roll in granulated sugar & press into mold or flatten with a cup. Release immediately.
- These freeze well.