This recipe was given to me by a coworker. I normally don't like mints, but these are great. She says that the batter is a little dry, but never add more liquid than what is needed. She also said the light cream cheese doesn't work well. She uses candy molds for her mints.
- Mixture will be dry.
- Mix ingredients in a bowl (best if use dough hooks on your mixer).
- Remove from bowl and knead.
- You may add food coloring if you desire.
- Roll in small balls and then roll the balls in granulated sugar.
- Press into molds or slightly flatten balls.
- Remove from mold.
- Lay on wax paper to dry at least overnight.
- Turn over and dry on other side.
- Usually dry 24 hrs on each side.
- If keeping longer than a couple of weeks, they need to be frozen.