Recipe by Jamie78
This recipe was given to me by a coworker. I normally don't like mints, but these are great. She says that the batter is a little dry, but never add more liquid than what is needed. She also said the light cream cheese doesn't work well. She uses candy molds for her mints.
Top Review by elairdnc
What a great way to use up leftover cream cheese. Easy & delicious. The only change I would make to the recipe is to use the regular paddle hook in your mixer (if you have a kitchenaid). The dough hook didn't do anything, but the paddle blended the mint batter perfectly. Thanks for a great recipe.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 (2 lb) package powdered sugar
- 10 -11 drops peppermint extract (scant 1/4 tsp)
- food coloring (optional)
- granulated sugar (for rolling)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mixture will be dry.
- Mix ingredients in a bowl (best if use dough hooks on your mixer).
- Remove from bowl and knead.
- You may add food coloring if you desire.
- Roll in small balls and then roll the balls in granulated sugar.
- Press into molds or slightly flatten balls.
- Remove from mold.
- Lay on wax paper to dry at least overnight.
- Turn over and dry on other side.
- Usually dry 24 hrs on each side.
- If keeping longer than a couple of weeks, they need to be frozen.