Recipe by Jmommy209
I love the ease of working with marshmallow fondant and the flavor is so much better than the plasticky stuff you can buy premade, but it's so sweet it hurts my teeth. In an effort to make it more palatable for adults, I tweaked a marshmallow fondant recipe and found success. Still easy to work with, not terribly sticky, and much less sweet.
- 16 ounces mini marshmallows
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1 1⁄2-2 lbs powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the marshmallows, water, and cream cheese in a microwave safe bowl. Heat on high for 1 minute, stir, and continue heating and stirring in 30 second intervals until everything is melted and smooth.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, use the dough hook on low speed to combine the marshmallow/cream cheese mixture with half the powdered sugar. Add powdered sugar gradually until you have a smooth, workable fondant.
- Roll it out on a shortening greased counter to about 1/8" thickness.
- Can be tinted with whatever food coloring you choose, simply knead it into to fondant, or mix it with the dough hook.