Recipe by Annacia
Truly a work of art – the perfect marriage of deep chocolate swirled with smooth cream cheese for an intensely rich, delicious flavor. From Nestle's.
Top Review by breezermom
I made these to take to a work Christmas lunch, and everyone loved them. The perfect mix of creaminess and sweet. Really loved the dark chocolate in them. Thanks for sharing!! Made for Zaar 123 Tag game.
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate (62% Cacao, broken into pieces)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 4 large eggs, room temperature, divided
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- PREHEAT oven to 350º F. Grease 9-inch-square baking pan.
- Microwave chocolate pieces in medium, uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on HIGH (100%) power for 45 seconds; stir.
- If pieces retain some of their original shape, microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, stirring just until melted; cool to room temperature.
- Beat cream cheese and 1/4 cup sugar in small mixer bowl until smooth. Beat in 1 egg and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract.
- Combine flour and salt in small bowl.
- Beat remaining 3/4 cup sugar and butter in medium mixer bowl until creamy.
- Add remaining 3 eggs, milk and remaining teaspoon vanilla extract; beat until well mixed.
- Beat in melted chocolate.
- Stir in flour mixture until blended.
- Spread into prepared baking pan.
- Drop tablespoons of cream cheese mixture randomly over chocolate mixture.
- Swirl mixtures deeply with spoon, pulling chocolate mixture up to surface.
- Bake for 33 to 38 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out slightly sticky.
- Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Cut into bars.