Top Review by rochsann
Delicious cookie! Wonderful addition to a holiday cookie tray or for a tasty dessert with coffee. My DH is particularly partial to them. I used the zest of one orange, and let it go at that; the orange flavor was well-balance--probably about 4 teaspoons or a little less. I baked for 10 minutes and they were golden at the bottom and had little touches of golden on top. I love the macadamia nuts, especially when they got mildly toasted. We will make again--a family classic!
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons orange zest
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 cup coarsely chopped salted macadamia nut
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mixing bowl,cream the butter,cream cheese,brown sugar,orange peel and vanilla.
- Combine flour and baking powder.
- Gradually add to the creamed mixture,mix well.
- Fold in nuts.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto greased baking sheets,flatten slightly.
- Bake at 400 for 9-11 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove to wire racks and cool.