Prep 25 mins
Cook 50 mins
If you love cream cheese you will love this pecan pie! Prep time does not include making the pastry. See my recipe for
- 1 (9 inch) pie pastry
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon maple extract
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups pecan halves (or coarsley chopped)
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Set oven to 350 degrees (bottom oven rack).
- Fit prepared pastry into a 9 or 10-inch deep-dish glass pie plate; fold the edges under and flute as desired.
- In a bowl beat softened cream cheese with 1 egg, 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, 1 teaspoon vanilla, 1 teaspoon maple extract and pinch salt using an electric mixer, beat until very smooth (about 2 minutes).
- Pour the mixture into the pie pastry.
- Evenly sprinkle the pecan halves (or chopped pecans) over the top.
- In another bowl beat the corn syrup, 3 eggs, 1/4 cup sugar and 2 teaspoons vanilla until well combined; slowly pour the mixture over the pecans.
- Set the pie onto a baking sheet that has been lined with foil.
- Bake for about 50-60 minutes or until just set.