Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Not really a lasagna because it doesn't use lasagna noodles but uses egg noodles instead. From an old Junior League cookbook from Decatur, Alabama.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (10 ounce) can tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon basil
- 1 (16 ounce) package wide egg noodles
- 10 green onions
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup grated cheese
- Cook noodles 15 to 20 minutes in boiling, salted water.
- While noodles are cooking, brown meat and garlic; add other ingredients. Cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Mix together all ingredients in cheese sauce.
- In a casserole dish, put a layer of noodles, a layer of meat sauce, and a layer of cheese sauce. Repeat layers.
- Bake at 350° for 25 to 30 minutes.