I know, not another lasagna recipe. This is a delicious change from the usual recipe. My husband loves it because of the cream cheese and pepperoni in it. I don't remember were I got it but, have had it for years. Hope you will try it.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 0.5 (16 ounce) package lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- 1 (4 ounce) packagesliced pepperoni
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- Cook beef and onion in heavy skillet, drain.
- Stir in tomato sauce and next 6 ingredients. Cook over low heat 10 minutes.
- Combine the cream cheese, cottage cheese, sour cream, and eggs; stir well. Spoon a small amount of meat sauce into a lightly greased baking dish.
- Layer with half each of lasagna noodles, cheese mixture, pepperoni, meat sauce, and cheese. Repeat layer with rest of ingredients. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Cover, bake for 30 minutes. Let stand 10 minute before serving.
I found this recipe in the 1987 Southern Living Cookbook and have been using it ever since!
Excellent Lasagna. Easy to put together and very cheesy. I made this for my father who doesn't usually like lasagna and he asked me to make it again.
This was a great lasagna recipe! I am adding this to my cookbook simply because of the creamy nature & the pepperoni additions! I used lean ground turkey & used my own marinara sauce. I also used light cream cheese flavored with chive & onions, and used a little less than what was called for. Next time I'm going to try fat free cream cheese & mix in my own spices. I also used fat free cottage cheese, fat free sour cream & whole wheat noodles-and turkey pepperoni! And reduced fat cheese, of course! I mixed the parm cheese into the cream cheese, filling. It really came together quickly since the sauce was pre-made for me, and it tasted like it took hours! Thank u so much for sharing this!