Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Try this recipe on the banana bread recipe from author Ann Hodgman's "Beat This" cookbook. Make them into cupcakes instead of loaves, baking the cupcakes for 20 minutes instead of the 45-55 minutes for loaves. Top with this icing!
- Beat cream cheese & butter together until light and fluffy.
- Beat in 1 cup of powdered sugar.
- Add in orange zest, salt & flavorings.
- Add in remaining powdered sugar, one cup at a time until it's all incorporated.
- Beat mixture at high speed for about 5 minutes, or until light and fluffy.
Two changes I made when preparing this ~ I used orange extract instead of almond, & I was generous with the orange zest! Turned out great, & I frosted a handful of muffins we had, then used more of it as a spread on slices of banana bread! Definitely a recipe to make again & use on an orange cake I have in mind! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed in New Kids on the Block recipe tag]