Recipe by Teresa M
This icing is good on any cake, but it is to die for on chocolate! The reason it is called "Mrs. Echard" icing is that it is a Must at every dinner at my mom's church, and it's made by a Wonderful lady there named Virginia Echard.
Top Review by kriclean
This icing is special. It's not overly sweet, yet it really makes a cake pop. I used this icing on cream cheese caramel almond pound cake. I topped the cake off with some fresh strawberries. All of the ingredients blended well. The icing is a good transition between the fruit and the cake.
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix cream cheese and sugar well with mixer.
- Add vanilla and Cool Whip; mix well.
- MUST be refrigerated, except when serving.
- Ices 1 triple layer cake or 2 other cakes.
- When using on layers just ice top of layers and let icing ooze over sides.
- It's easy and attractive to take somewhere.
- Hi Tankers, Thanks so much for your honest review, what went wrong for you on making this? A comment about what didn't work would help. Maybe this recipe needs some tweaking.
- Teresa M.