Recipe by Lieutenant Ducky
This is a recipe for cream cheese icing that has been adapted to ice a single 9" cake- it's delicious with carrot cake. I am always having to have to reduce cream cheese recipes to suit my needs- they always make way too much for me to use! So here is an adapted version that I will use forevermore, and hope others will find helpful. Enjoy!
Top Review by Julie F
I like this recipe, as one of my daughters ONLY likes cream cheese frosting. With this smaller recipe, I can prepare this for her cupcakes, or use it between cookies, or for any other place I might need frosting. The recipe was easy and good. I used light cream cheese, (neufchatel) and next time I would use regular cream cheese. The consistency was a little thin. If using light cream cheese next time, I would add some additional powdered sugar.
- 6 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 2⁄3 cup icing sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Measure out the ingredients into a bowl.
- Using an electric mixer, or vigorous your hand mixing skills, blend the ingredients till smooth- about 1-3 minutes, depending on your vigor :).
- Scoop the icing onto your cake/whatever you were going to ice, and spread evenly.