Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
THE BEST chicken enchiladas!! So fast and easy! My sister gave me this recipe years ago and it has been a staple in out home ever since. I often make this for potlucks and it ALWAYS gets RAVE reviews. I get asked for the recipe every time! If you like your food spicy you can use hot chilies and hot green enchilada sauce. I have toddlers, so I have to make mine mild, but it's great spicy too. It is definately rich, but oh so worth it!
- 3 chicken breasts
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese (you can use 1/3 less fat if desired)
- 2 (10 ounce) cans green enchilada sauce
- 2 (4 ounce) cans mild chiles
- burrito-size flour tortilla
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cube chicken and brown in deep skillet.
- Add the chilies and cream cheese to the pan with the chicken. Cook until cheese is thoroughly melted.
- Spray a 9x13" pan with cooking spray.
- Put a little of the green enchilada sauce on the bottom of the 9x13" pan. (about half of one can or so).
- Spoon chicken mixture into tortilla's and roll them up like burritos. (you can close the ends or leave them open it doesn't matter much.) Place them in the 9x13" pan.
- Pour the rest of the green enchilada sauce over the rolled enchiladas.
- Sprinkle with the shredded cheese.
- Bake for 35-45 min or until heated through.
- Let sit 5-10 minutes before serving.
To: GreenThumb;BlackToast The lower fat cream cheese might very well be the culprit. It's a different consistancy and taste than the full fat cream cheese. I make this quite a bit and it's never felt thick or sticky to me. Try it with full fat cc and see how it works for you. Did you also fry the tortillas before you baked them? Good luck. :)
Didn't care for the thick, sticky texture. Maybe using the 1/3 less fat creme cheese did this?
ABSOLUTELY AMAZING. This will be a keeper in our house. The only thing I changed was adding mushrooms and onions. Thank you, we will be making this again soon!!!!