Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
These muffins have a very fluffy texture and a rich garlicky taste. They are greta served on a brunch buffet or as a snack. I like them spread with additional cream cheese or just plain, but you can use them in which ever way you like. Feel free to add or leave out ingredients to adjust them to your likings.
- 280 g flour (2 1/4 cups)
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons fresh ground black pepper (or more if you like)
- 2 large eggs
- 200 g plain yogurt (7oz)
- 6 tablespoons oil (I use sunflower)
- 150 g cream cheese with garlic and herbs (2/3 cup)
- 1 garlic clove, minced (more if you like)
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and black pepper in a bowl. Make a well in the centre.
- In a second bowl combine eggs, oil, yoghurt, minced garlic and cream cheese. Pour into the well and stir until just combined (do not overmix).
- Fill dough into prepared muffin tins (well greased or paper-lined) and bake in the preheated oven at 200°C/400°F for 20 minutes or until well risen and golden bown.
These muffins are crazy good!! My batter mixed up stiffer than I thought it would, almost like a biscuit batter, but these rose up beautifully, nice and light and moist. Loved all the seasoning, especially the pepper - for us that's what made these great. Served with pasta, planning on having the leftovers with soup (if they last that long lol) - thanks for sharing a keeper! Made for Fall Pick-A-Chef 2011
Lovely, lovely muffins. I added a pinch of red pepper flakes, just because, but otherwise made by the directions. they bake up high and light and would be a great savory back up for so many mains be they be meats, eggs or soups. I used 95% fat free cream cheese and that worked perfectly. :D
Fantastic, the best savoury muffin I have made. I used a chive and garlic cream cheese and used 2 small cloves of garlic and a vegetable oil. The paper peeled of nicely without taking halve the muffin with it (my usual result). The smell was fantastic and it took a lot of will power to let them cool to warm before eating and had another cold later and it was equally delicious. Thank you Lalaloula, made for Everday A Holiday.