Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Very easy-to-make fudge I gave as a gift to my landlady in North Carolina for several years.
- 2 (3 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons cream or 2 tablespoons milk
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate squares, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon rum or 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 dash salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped pecans (optional)
- Beat cream cheese with cream.
- Gradually beat in sugar, then blend in chocolate.
- Stir in vanilla and rum or almond extract and 1 cup nuts.
- Press into lightly greased 8-inch square pan and cover top with remaining nuts.
- Mark in 64 1-inch square pieces and chill.
Best of 08 Tag: This fudge was delicious!! I made it for a ladies night this past weekend - it was devoured!!
*I love this fudge* ! I made a half recipe using my magic bullet, subbed brandy for the rum as my only chg & put pecan halves on ea piece as my Mom always did. It is creamy rich & very sweet, but such an easy-fix & tasty choc fix. It sets up easily to a perfect texture, cuts w/o crumbling & was added to my Christmas food gift boxes after just 1 bite. Thx for sharing this recipe w/us. *Yum* ! :-)
This fudge is so very creamy and sweet - the way it should be! I used the almond extract and omitted the pecans but I will add them next time. This was so easy to make, too! Thanks for sharing!