Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I always get so many compliments whenever I serve this tart. It looks like something you would get in a bakery and is a breeze to fix! It's light and refreshing--the ladies love it and it's one of my boy's favorite desserts! Originally from an Imperial Sugar advertisement I cut from a magazine years ago.
- 1 single pie shell, baked
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon, rind of, grated
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- fresh strawberries, halved
- kiwi fruit, peeled and sliced
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 (11 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1⁄4 cup apple jelly, melted (microwave is great for this!)
- In small bowl combine the cream cheese, sugar, lemon peel and juice.
- Beat at medium speed with an electric mixer until light and fluffy, scraping sides of bowl often, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Spread over baked pie crust.
- Chill at least 1 hour.
- Several hours before serving, arrange fruit on filling.
- I like to use the strawberries nearest the rim of the pie shell, then a ring of overlapping kiwi slices, then a ring of mandarin oranges followed with a "bull's-eye" of the crushed pineapple in the center.
- Brush the fruit with the melted apple jelly and serve.
- You may substitute whatever your favorite fruit or berries are for the topping.
I like this recipe because it is so adaptable to whatever you have on hand. It's good as-is, but (in my opinion) even better with a graham crust. Last time i made it with a graham crust base in a springform pan. Heaped on the fruit (a layer of bananas tossed w/lemon juice, covered with drained canned oranges, sprinkled with chunks of fresh pineapple, and finished with a thick layer of fresh sliced strawberries). Yum!
Made this last night and It was GREAT...I used the pre-made grahm cracker crusts (6 in a package), and it was just the right amount for the filling...Because they were so small, I only fit strawberries and blueberries on them...Also, left off the apple jelly because I forgot to buy it...Overall, a definate keeper...EZ, look nice, and taste good....Thanks