Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Got this recipe from Cooks Country, its a lightened up version of cream cheese frosting, but what it lacks in fat content it makes up for in taste. It is light and delicious! Try it on carrot cake. NOTE: Someone asked about fat free cream cheese, this recipe is from Cooks Country and they do a good job of explaining how recipes are developed, they note that they did try fat free cream cheese but taste testers found it to be un-natural tasting and gummy, and the "light" cream cheese was runny. With the neufchatel cream cheese they cut the fat to 1/3 but still got a creamy good tasting frosting.
- 8 ounces neufchatel cheese, softened
- 1 cup marshmallow cream
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄4 cup confectioners' sugar
- Beat cream cheese, marshmallow cream and vanilla.
- Sift confectioners sugar over cream cheese mixture and beat on low speed until mixture is smooth, about one minute.
- Spread over cake, or cupcakes.
Do you think we could you fat-free cream cheese?