Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This cupcake frosting can become quite stiff if you add extra icing sugar, which makes it perfect for piping decorations onto cupcakes. Another suggestion is to replace lemon rind with 2 tblsp honey for a sweeter taster.
- 6 tablespoons cream cheese
- 4 1⁄2 tablespoons butter, room temp
- 2 cups icing sugar (confectioners)
- 1 teaspoon lemon rind
- 1. Beat cheese, butter and lemon rind in small bowl with electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- 2. Gradually beat in sifted icing sugar and beat until smooth.
- I would recommend serving this frosting with red velvet, banana, or carrot cupcakes.