Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Do not substitute liquid buttermilk for the buttermilk powder. To ensure the proper spreading consistency for the frosting use cold cream cheese.
- 16 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄3 cup dry buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 12 ounces cream cheese, chilled and cut into 12 equal pieces
- Using stand mixer fitted with paddle, beat butter, sugar, buttermilk powder, vanilla and salt on low speed until smooth, about 2 minutes, scraping down bowl as needed. Increase speed to medium-low; add cream cheese, 1 piece at a time; and mix until smooth, about 2 minutes.