Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A nice easy frosting for one cake.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 1⁄2-3 cups powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Combine all the ingredients except the nuts.
- Using an electric mixer, beat until smooth and fluffy.
- Blend in the nuts, if using, and spread onto a cooled cake.
- Refrigerate any leftover frosted cake.
AMAZING...me and my DH do not like a strong cream cheese taste and this worked perfect. I added all 3 cups of powdered sugar, but for a stronger taste I would only do only 2 cups. Thanks for sharing!
Very nice frosting Jude! I did need to add a little more powdered sugar to get a little stiffer but that wasn't a problem. I made half of a batch on Recipe # 175574. The combo was delicious!