Prep 8 mins
Cook 0 mins
My favourite cream cheese frosting. Rich and creamy and slightly tart from the addition of fresh lemon juice.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- milk (optional, if icing is too thick)
- Combine cream cheese, butter, lemon juice and vanilla.
- Beat in sugar. Beat until sugar has dissolved. If icing is too thick, add up to two tablespoonfuls of milk to thin.
Made this to go with a chocolate zucchini cake and it was a very nice addition. Loved the lemony taste and the fact it wasn't too sweet. My only beef is it was not quite thick enough, but it's easily rectified by either decreasing or omitting the milk, I think. Lovely. Thanks for posting.
My normal recipe calls for powdered sugar, and I was out. This is so easy and delicious that it is my new normal recipe!
Love this. This is how I will make cream cheese frosting from now on. I used Light cream cheese (Neufchatel) and did not add any milk. Easy to make and delicious. I used it on a carrot cake. I can't get the stars to register, but it's worth five stars to me!