Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a delicious recipe to use with cakes or to use with the Pumpkin Bar recipe I posted.
Make and share this Cream Cheese Frosting recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Beat cream cheese and butter in large mixer bowl at high speed until fluffy, about 1 minute.
- Beat in Confectioner's sugar, 1 cup at a time (using more or less sugar depending on preferred consistency) , then continue beating until smooth.
- Beat in vanilla.
- Chill bowl of frosting in refrigerator, stirring often, until good spreading consistency.
- Makes about 2 2/3 cups.
This is very good, I would cut back the powdered sugar by 1/2-3/4 c. as it was a little sweeter than we'd like and took away some of the cream cheese flavor. Thanks for sharing!
I made this recipe for Red Velvet cake. I absolutely loved it!! I had some difficulties. My mixer decided that the frosting was a tad thick and kind of burnt out on me. I thought it was a little too sweet so I would probably add a little less sugar. Other than that it is super easy and really yummy!
Delicious, creamy, easy! I left out the vanilla as some reviewers suggested and it was perfect. The cream cheese flavor came through with the right amount of sweetness without it. It went well with pumpkin cupcakes. I even used it with food coloring to make a character out of the cupcakes and the flavor held up well with the added color. The consistency was very creamy and held its shape for the character cupcake cake and also piped onto the leftovers.