Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Use this recipe to accompany my Coconut Layer Cake. Would also be delicious on carrot cake or gingerbread! From Bon Appetit.
- 2 (8 ounce) packagesphiladelphia-brand cream cheese, room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup butter, room temperature
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 cup canned sweetened cream of coconut (such as Coco Lépez)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Beat cream cheese in medium bowl until fluffy.
- Add butter and beat to blend.
- Add sugar, sweetened cream of coconut and vanilla extract and beat until well blended.
- Canned sweetened cream of coconut is available in the liquor section of most supermarkets nationwide.
What a great and easy frosting. Very much liked the cream of coconut instead of the texture given by coconut. Like the taste but not the texture. I haven't found anything yet that this was not good on. From cakes and muffins to cookies. Thank you
Yum! Used this with Recipe #43684 with excellent results. One can of Coco Lopez was enough for both recipes. Would be wonderful on a variety of cakes (carrot, pineapple, chocolate, yellow), brownies... my imagination is running wild. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
Perfect on the coconut cake! Thank you for sharing!!!!