Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is an excellent cream cheese frosting. It makes quite a bit, so be generous when frosting your cake! You may need to add a very small bit of milk to get a good spreading consistency. I use this frosting on my Red Velvet Cake.
- 16 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 16 ounces cream cheese, cut into 8 pieces softened
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- Beat butter and confectioner's sugar on medium-high until fluffy.
- Add cream cheese, one piece at a time, beating until incorporated.
- Beat in vanilla and salt.
- Frost cake.
I chose this recipe because I need a recipe that made alot of frosting and I had alot of cream cheese in my refrigerator to use up. It took a couple of days, but the frosting grew on me. It seems to have a larger proportion of cream cheese to butter and confectioners sugar than other recipes but the taste is still very good. I had enough frosting to cover and decorate an 8" 2-layer cake.