Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This is the most delicious French toast, that is made in the oven, serve sprinkled with powdered sugar, and smothered with maple syrup. Plan ahead this needs to be chilled overnight.
- 10 cups white bread (cubed into 1-inch pieces)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 8 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 2⁄3 cup half-and-half cream
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 -3 tablespoons powdered sugar (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the bread cubes in a greased 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- Beat the cream cheese at medium speed of mixer until smooth.
- Add in the eggs (1 at a time) mixing well after each addition.
- Add in the milk, half and half, 1/2 cup maple syrup and vanilla; mix well until smooth.
- Pour the cream cheese/milk mixture over the top of the bread cubes; cover, and refrigerate overnight.
- The next morning: Set the oven to 375 degrees.
- Remove the bread mixture from the fridge; let stand on the counter for 30 minutes before baking.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes, or until set (should be a nice golden brown colour).
- Remove from the oven, sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Serve with maple syrup.