8 hrs 30 mins
Delicious served with bacon or sausage, coffee and orange juice. Allow to refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Slice French bread into 24 (3/4-inch-thick) slices.
- 2Spray 13x9-inch glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- 3Spread about 1 tablespoon cream cheese on each of 12 slices of bread. Top with remaining bread slices to make 12 sandwiches.
- 4Place sandwiches in baking dish to cover bottom.
- 5In medium bowl, beat eggs, milk, 1/4 cup of the sugar, the salt and cinnamon with wire whisk until well blended.
- 6Pour over bread in baking dish.
- 7Let stand 5 minutes.
- 8Turn sandwiches over.
- 9Cover; refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
- 10Chop 1 cup of the strawberries; refrigerate remaining berries.
- 11In nonmetal bowl, gently stir chopped strawberries, remaining 1/2 cup sugar and the amaretto to mix.
- 12Cover, refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
- 13Heat oven to 400*.
- 14Drizzle melted butter over bread in dish; bake uncovered 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- 15Meanwhile, slice remaining strawberries; stir into chilled strawberry mixture.
- 16Serve French toast with strawberry topping.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cream Cheese French Toast Bake
Serving Size: 1 (275 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 443.8
- Calories from Fat 100
- Total Fat 11.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 156.8 mg
- Sodium 652.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 73.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 29.8 g
- Protein 12.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
cream cheese with pineapple